Digital Marketing Workshops
Posted in: Events
SEO Fundamentals February 12, 5 pm - 8pm
You have a website, but how do customers find it? You need to drive traffic to your website by making sure your business shows up on Google when customers search. This beginner workshop will teach you how to connect your business to customer searches on Google and how to optimize your website and digital presence for Google, without costing you money.
- What Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is and how Google and other search engines work.
- How to successfully conduct keyword research so you can choose which keywords will attract the right website visitors.
- How to write website content with Google in mind, and how to leverage different types of content to generate the best search engine results.
- How listing and ranking websites can increase your SEO power.
- How to use social media and links from other websites to improve your Google ranking.
- How to measure your SEO efforts to see what’s working and what’s not.
This workshop is a free workshop and includes a light dinner. Laptop computers aren't absolutely necessary for this class, but we recommend bringing a laptop to follow along.
Maximizing Your Online Advertising and Digital Marketing Budget March 26, 5 pm - 8 pm
You don't need a big budget to get noticed on the web - you just need creativity! Savvy businesses are using bootstrap digital marketing techniques to amplify their message online. In this hands-on workshop, you'll learn the tricks and tools needed to market your business effectively on a shoestring budget.
- How to create a basic online marketing strategy and measurement plan that fits for your business size and goals.
- Why email marketing can be a powerful and cost-effective way to grow your business.
- How to get people to sign up for an email list while following best practices and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL).
- How to take advantage of influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and other ways to generate word-of-mouth.
- How to advertise cost-effectively through Google ads, Facebook ads and other ad networks.
- What free or low-cost graphic design tools to use to create eye-catching online ads.
This workshop is a free workshop and includes a light dinner. Laptop computers aren't absolutely necessary for this class, but we recommend bringing a laptop to follow along