The Yellow House

A surviving worker’s cottage, the building may date to the 1840’s when Madden, a tanner, bought the land north of the road. By the 1850’s, Staats Sager living there. This modest timber dwelling is shown as a dwelling on the 1874 Bird’s Eye map of Napanee and subsequent insurance maps into the 20th century. Everyday structures connected to Napanee’s industrial waterfront were a significant part of Napanee’s evolution from a village to a prosperous centre of commerce and industry.