Summer Job Positions
Posted in: Updates
Horticultural / Street Maintenance / Downtown Ambassador
30 hours a week for 16 weeks - Wednesday - Sunday beginning in May
- Working with the support of the Executive Director and Board of Directors to maintain a clean and safe environment for downtown patrons including sidewalk cleaning and weeding/watering/deadheading plants.
- Work with the beatification team to plant and prepare gardens and planters for the summer.
- Act as a street ambassador and source of information for downtown patrons and businesses.
- Provide support for events run by Downtown Greater Napanee
- General deliveries of posters, flyers and newsletters to downtown businesses
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be 30 years or younger to apply
- Required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory CPIC
- Demonstrated experience working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Experience in customer service and ability to work with the public
- Responsible, self motivated, capable of working independently with minimal supervision
- Team oriented and excellent interpersonal skills
- Applicants must meet physical requirements of the job which include but not limited to standing and walking for prolonged periods of time, lifting, pushing and pulling, working outdoors in both cold and extreme heat and driving a golf cart
- Ability to work outside regular business hours including weekends
Compensation: $14.00 per hour
Please email your resume and cover letter for the position of interest to you no later than Friday May 3rd to Tiffany Lloyd firstname.lastname@example.org