The Downtown Greater Napanee BIA is seeking an Executive Director
Posted in: Updates
The Downtown Greater Napanee Business Improvement Area (BIA) is a local board of Council (Town of Greater Napanee) dedicated to improving the economic prosperity and quality of life in the downtown. The BIA works to provide an environment that supports the role of the area as a place for shopping, dining, recreation and professional services.
The Executive Director is responsible for delivering the mandate of the BIA through oversight of daily operations, the development and maintenance of stakeholders and member relationships and the delivery of creative programs and events that attract business and patrons to Downtown Greater Napanee.
Qualifications and Competencies
The successful candidate will hold a university degree, college diploma and/or equivalent experience in marketing, business administration or comparable program, has leadership experience within retail, business improvement or non-profit or voluntary sector. Key competencies include:
- An exceptional communicator, both oral and written
- Strong event management and marketing skills, including print, website and social media
- Ability to develop and sustain effective working relationships
- A demonstrated self-starter who can work with the board to develop a strategic plan and deliver results
- Ability to create a climate in which people want to do their best
- Strong listener and effective facilitator
- Strong working knowledge of financial reporting, budgeting and financial management.
- Knowledge of tourism marketing a definite asset
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to February 29, 2020
Compensation between $40,000 - $42,900
Please note: this is not a Town of Greater Napanee position. The successful candidate will be an employee of the BIA, reporting to the Downtown Greater Napanee BIA Board of Directors.